Or send us a message.
Your Life Story Deserves to be Preserved
Everyone, including you, has their own story to tell. We are here to help you tell it and share that story with your loved ones. The moments that make up our life pass fleetingly, but the memories they leave behind can last for a lifetime. Creating a Porch Swing StorySite gives you the chance to look back over those moments, to revisit the people and places that shaped you, and encapsulate those memories that make up the story of your life. Let us help you preserve your unique story with a StorySite and printable PDF, E-Book, and hardcover book, based on your package choice.
A Plan for Everyone
The unique set up of our StorySite and our varying plans give you the freedom to record your life story in a way that works best for you. If you prefer to write your story completely on your own, we have several plans that provide you with the means to do just that. You can then print your story in either a PDF format or we can create a customized hardcover book for you. Alternatively, if you need coaching, or would even prefer to have one of our Personal Biographers pen your life story in a unique voice, we have a variety of plans to meet your needs. Our personal biographer package includes ten 45-minute interview sessions and a 96-page hardcover book in addition to your StorySite, E-book, and printable PDF book expertly written by our professional writers. Let us help you create a book of your life to share with the people you cherish.
How Do I Start Writing My Life Story?
It can be hard to know where to start, when you decide to record your life story. We are here to help you along every step of this heartwarming and reflective journey. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Starting your story doesn’t always mean starting at the beginning. It can be tempting to want to start your life story from the time of your birth, but that’s not the best choice for everyone. You can certainly add in details about when you were born and where, but we recommend beginning your life story with one of your most significant memories. This can be a birthday party, your first day of school, a memory of time spent with a loved one, or a number of other meaningful moments.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. If you are struggling to come up with topics to write about, we can help. Every time you create a new chapter, we provide suggested topics to help spark inspiration and jog your memory. We also have writing coaches available to give you advice or even write your story.
- Don’t fall off the writing train. If writer’s block sets in, which can happen to anyone, we encourage you to keep writing anyway. It can help to carve out time each week to write something, even if it’s just a few sentences. When you set aside time to write, creativity can start to flow, even when you least expect it.
- Think about your audience. When writing your life story, it’s important to keep in mind who you’re writing it for. Is this something you want to share with your children or grandchildren? Or perhaps friends? It’s important to bear in mind who you want to share your story with so you can tailor your writing to be engaging for them.
- Have fun and enjoy the journey. Writing your life story can be an emotional and cathartic process. We encourage each writer to really take in this reflective and
touching experience. Don’t let the moments that have shaped your life go unrecorded.
Every journey begins with the first step, and every story begins with the first chapter. Reach out today to begin working on your StorySite or speak with us about a Personal Biographer to help pen the story of your life.